Welcome to new member Tony

Welcome to Tony who has recently joined the club.

I am aged 67 and have lived in Bishops Lydeard for 27 years.

For many years I was a member of Minehead Running Club, running the full range of events.

My big love is off-road/trail running.

My dog and I used to do a lot of solo running on Exmoor and Dartmoor, and I would set myself Tor Bagging Challenges. I also did LDWA events and The Exmoor Perambulation. I also did a course on Navigation.

Five years ago it all changed when I was diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and Atrial Fibrillation. I have medication and my condition is stable but I had to stop most of these activities. I now run/walk once or twice a week, alongside Pilates and gym work.

I have had some precious experience of QO. Prior to my diagnosis I really enjoyed on an occasional basis. I did stop as on weekends I did long runs or events and could not commit to it. Now is a great time for me to re-engage. I love mapwork and planning routes…

Last year I had an article published in Trail Running Magazine based on running with Cardiomyopathy.

I volunteer with West Somerset Railway and I have on their website a series of walks/runs I wrote taking people the length of the line.

Last year I also made a digital version and it was published in Trail Running Magazine.

Welcome Tony. I have looked up the railway runs - will definitely give this a go this summer.

1 Like