Tomorrow's Devon event at West Down CANCELLED

If you have not been made aware already, tomorrow’s Devon event at West Down has had to be cancelled.

Please read the following message from Ky (Organiser):

Steve has been to West Down this morning, and based on his observations, controller, planner and organisers have made the decision to cancel the event tomorrow (15/01) for safety reasons.

The river bisecting the site has flooded its banks making it not only uncrossable at Double Waters, but has also submerged many of the paths on either side. The slopes are also even slippier than normal due to the heavy overnight rain, and to compound issues, there is further heavy rain forecast tonight into tomorrow.

Our apologies for the disappointing news, but we hope you can understand why we have had to make this decision. We hope to see you all again at another future Devon Orienteering event.

All those of you who pre-entered will have your entry fee credited back to your RaceSignUp account.

If missing O tomorrow is too much to bear, the SWOL Regional event at Bere Regis is taking EOD according to the website. Not used for over 25 years I dug out my old maps and found two runs I had there. One in1995 for a Badge event and the other a Blue in 1989! I can’t exactly remember these in detail but my notes for the Badge event were: Fast sunlit forest , lots of deer, good run. Course 10Km time 84’. The Blue run 6.7Km took me 97’ it was my first season, so I expect to be going full circle!

1 Like

I’m mobilising to go to Bere, passing junction 25 at about 9am, if anyone wants to join me.