Running Shoes Brand

What are your favourite brand of running shoes, and why?

Personally, I tend to use Asics and Inov8 due to comfort and lightness. Though now I’m mostly on roads, I’ve gone back to an old pair of UK-Gear shoes.

Adidas Ultra Boost for road running - my first pair of running shoes when I started running a few years ago and love them.

Innov8 X-Talon 230 for muddy orienteering.

My general trail shoes do not bring me joy.

Inov 8 Roclite 330 for 14 years now
Good all rounders, giving VG responsiveness, control, comfort and speed

1 Like

Inov8 X Talon 230, but they cause one of my Achilles pain. I think I need different shoes before I do damage. :thinking:

Salomon Speedcross 4 : amazing grip in the mud, especially on the hills, and my big toes don’t wear their way out of the top of them like they do in most other shoes!

Interesting options.

@Jeff.Pakes and @OsteoDave - do you use your shoes all year around? Are they ok on harder ground?

I keep mine for running off road, but then I try only to run offroad as that is all my old joints can take!

Mine are well cushioned so that helps. But I don’t run when ground’s hard as I get achilles tendonitis, but in boggy forests of lakes and scotland they’re fine. I take street running shoes to summer relays events because of extra bounce but they get ripped in undergrowth!