Lakes 5 Days - Sun 7th to Fri 12th August 2022

Fancy a summer break in the Lake District, home of some of the country’s most beloved scenery, orienteering in some of the finest areas?

At least a handful of QOs are likely to be heading up north to take part (@KarenLewis @BrianJP @andyr ?), so if you are interested in joining them or have any questions then post them here!

The events are:

Sunday 7th August Day 1 High Pike, Caldbeck
Monday 8th August Day 2 Threlkeld Knotts, Threlkeld
Tuesday 9th August Day 3 Grizedale, Satterthwaite
Rest day
Thursday 11th August Day 4 Grizedale, Satterthwaite
Friday 12th August Day 5 Helsington Barrows, Kendal

The cheapest entry deadline is the end of the month

We’re in!
Entries done and campsites arranged this week
Seems to be the usual lakes event good mix of venues and terrain- here’s to some decent weather up there!

2 Likes

I’ve booked my accommodation. This will be my 3rd Lakes week, if I make it there. The last two were very good

2 Likes

Yep campsites are booked and looking forward to it. I took the family to one at least ten years ago and enjoyed the mix of technical mountain and forest areas. The areas this year move from north to south so have gone for two sites.

2 Likes

Event website: https://www.lakes5.org.uk/

The next deadline before the price goes up again is the end of this month!

I am now planning to go :slight_smile: Any suggestions for campsites?

It should be a good week :slight_smile: We have booked into club sites at Keswick and Coniston it may be worth contacting the event team for recommendations, they’ll have the local knowledge and may be in the process of arranging a site.

1 Like

Thanks Brian - all sorted now. 2 nights camping, a night in a lake-side pub/hotel, then 3 more nights camping.

1 Like